Sunday, December 13, 2009

Who are we?

"Who are you?" asked a voice
"I am Anindita. An Mba student." "An ex-software engineer." "A daughter" "A friend" "Sombody's fiance" were some of the answers that ran through my head.
"Really??" asked the voice.

The truth is that I just don't know. Is it possible to define oureselves based on past achievements and relationships when we are in our 20's?? When we havent had much experiances, is it really correct to do so? But if not, then who really are we? How do we answer that question? With the new era of mobiles, internet, downloadable movies, and basically, too many things to do, are we losing ourselves? How do we know if we are living our life the way we are supposed to? And if all of us are more or less leading the same lifestyles, are we all the same people?

Its tough, to think about this. And vaguely unsettling. I'd gone last weekend to Karshid beach, with my friends in college. We were out on the beach till almost 3.00a.m. But as I sat alone, and watched the waves crash in and move closer to me, I pondered about this question. And I thought about a few things.

I am Anindita. I fear the ocean and its secrets. I fear heights and closed spaces. I am however strong enough to face my fears. I have many ambitions, but I am not really sure if I am capable of fulfilling all of them. I believe in God.I have great faith in destiny. I don't really fear life or death, cuz I know that God is up there, watching over me. On the external side, I love partying. When I party, I party hard. I never do the stuff I think is bad, even though other people may disagree. Similarly, I do whatever I like, regardless of public opinion. I am sarcastic and rude to most people. The people who know me, know that I will always be there for them. The people who hate me, know that I dont care a damn about them. I am carefree, independent and wild. Thats who I am.

2 comments:

  1. Yet another good post Anne.. keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. are we all the same people?...an expression beyond depth.
    2 philosophical..at wee hrs of d morning..at a seashore.. in a picnic mood..such thoughts..did i meet this Anindita?

    ReplyDelete