Saturday, October 3, 2009

Family

I dont know how to start this blog. But I do know that it has to be written, as its one of the main chapters in my life, one of those which define me.

My family is my biggest strenghth. They give me love, affection, hope, warmth and security. The feeling that I am not alone, that even if the whole world is against me , can come only through them. They take care of me when I am ill, correct me when I am wrong, hold me when I am sad, praise my every virtue, celebrate my triumphs, and are always with me. Even though I may be far away from them, their essence will always be with me. That's how I feel when I meet my relatives, and family friends.. that I am never away from home.

The place where I grew up.. I met many people. Most of them hate meeting their relatives.. but do so due to an obligation of a social or some other kind. They feel that their relatives are always competing with them, interfering in their personal lives, and in general, are not very pleasant. I feel blessed that I have never felt that way so far about any of my relatives. Since none of them stay in the city where I spent 20 years of my life, and the fact that my life was always full of exams, tutions and later on, work, I never really had the time to meet them or know them. I used to feel sad and I cherished all the moments I spent with them, rare as they were.

Then the decision to come to Mumbai to do MBA was taken. It was the first time I was moving away from home. It felt surreal.. like I was leaping off the safe edge into an abyss. My father sensed my feelings. He took me to Mumbai, and introduced me to our family friends who live here . Also he gave me the numbers of my aunt and my cousin, and I was told by all of them to visit as often as I could and that I could always depend on them.

And I am so grateful that it happened. Now everytime I miss home, or feel the need for family, where people genuinely care aboout me, are not playing any games, and treat me like one of their own, I visit them. I love being with them, and I love spending time at their homes. I feel like my parents are next to me, and watching out for me. I feel blessed to have such relatives, and I feel more blessed to have such wonderful parents, who people love and adore so much that they will take out their precious time for their crazy daughter.

Diwali vacation is coming, and I am dying to meet my parents again. Also my sweet baby nephew, my dear sister and my brother-in-law, one of the few people who I both adore and respect. I cant wait to be with them again. Separation has only made me realise more that I can never stay away from my parents .. that I'll always be their little girl, and no matter how old I grow, I'll always need them. Parents are the most precious gifts from god, we must always treasure them. Care for them, respect them, and value them.

And of course... him. He is the love of my life, with who I want to spend the rest of my life with. When I am with him, I feel as secure as I do with my parents. After my parents are gone, only he can fill that void, and can prevent me from falling apart. He is my hero and my prince, my true soulmate. I am waiting longingly for the day when we take our vows and our lives get joined forever. He is the one, my hope, my faith..........my future family.

2 comments:

  1. i promise to always be ter, to protect u , to take care of u , to love u more than ur parents.......i love u

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anindita....this was a fantastic post - I am going to share this with your parents and sister - they should experience first hand this inspirational writing....am very proud of you...Regards, Udayan.

    ReplyDelete